The following rules must be observed when selecting and installing the explosion-proof valve:
- The combustible dust explosion class must comply with B-FLAP;
- Observe the minimum and maximum installation distances, tilt angle and installation space as specified in the operating instructions;
- Valve size must correspond to the pipe diameter or adapters with an angle of inclination α ≤ 16° must be used;
- Explosion-proof valve may only be exposed to an explosion wave propagation in one direction.
If the B-FLAP cannot be installed horizontally, it can be installed with a certain inclination α ≤ 90°. Note that the intended direction of detonation must always be horizontal or downward.
Important. The B-FLAP must be mounted and operated so that no electrostatic charge can arise on its outer jacket. For example, it is not recommended to clean the explosion-proof valve with a dry cloth.
The scope of delivery includes:
- Assembly and operating instructions;
- Work log;
- Delivery notification;
- EC Declaration of Conformity 2014/34/EU.
The operator must assign a person to be responsible for the safe operation and correct condition of the explosion-proof valve. This must be a qualified person who has undergone appropriate training and has no health-related contraindications.
The maintenance intervals should be determined by the operator on the basis of the manufacturer’s instructions and the operating conditions. Recommended intervals:
- 1st maintenance interval — 1 week after commissioning;
- 2nd maintenance interval — one month after commissioning;
- 3rd service interval — after 3 months after commissioning;
The shortest maintenance interval is once a year. The valve is inspected for clogging by material carried in the pipeline, as this may impair the function of the unit. If necessary, mechanical cleaning is carried out.
A maintenance schedule is to be drawn up to ensure that the explosion-proof valve is always in perfect condition.
All maintenance work must be recorded in a work log. It is included in the scope of supply.